WEDS have commissioned an investigative report covering a vast reach of engagement across Wairarapa F&F stakeholders. This is generously funded through the Regional Economic Development Plan, to enable us to elevate our sector needs to Central Government, and identify significant opportunities for investment.
- Analyse what the current needs of the sector are (i.e, attracting workforce, support accessing capital, R&D funding, FoodTech support, access to specialized facilities, support for regulatory change, pathways into supermarkets, Export markets, etc)
- Articulate the challenges, issues and barriers facing each sector group within Wairarapa
- Identify specific ‘tactical-level’ opportunities for improvement that could be funded from WEDS, REDP, MBIE, MPI, Callaghan, Kānoa and others
- Identify aspirational goals of the sector (i.e Nationally recognized Wairarapa food event? A single regional F&F brand? Website? A self-governing body like a Trust or Co-op?)
- Identify any initiatives significant enough to have a meaningful impact on the regional economy, or represent a significant emissions reduction for Wairarapa (Grain Mill? AgriTech?)
- Commentary and recommendations around what initiatives should be prioritized
If you would like to be included in this focus group, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to go on the mailing list. We anticipate visits and focus groups will commence in January 2024.